Friday, March 2, 2012

A {SANTA MONICA} COLOR PALETTE


One of my favorite places to go to from the time I lived in LA was the Palisades Park in Santa Monica. It over looked the Santa Monica State Beach, and you were high enough up to where you could see Malibu from the right all the way to the Santa Monica Pier to your left. And each time I went to spend time there, the view was always impeccable! These pictures I took at sunset after a rainy day show how astonishing the ocean looks, slightly rainy, with the fog rolling in from the distance! As I marveled at such a sight, and was stunned by the breathtaking display of colors, I thought to myself: "why not take these colors and make them into a color palette that you can use in your home"!
What inspired me about that view were the soft pale blues in the sky and sea and how well they mixed with a pop of orange from the sun, which was trying to shine through the cloudy sky. The surrounding scenery of branches and vines completed this color palette with sage greens and dark browns. And although a camera can never fully capture what the eye sees, it is still magnificent! 
(The color swatches I used are all from Benjamin Moore)

I hope this post can inspire you to look differently at the beauty that surrounds us in this world, and the colors that can be found! 






No comments:

Post a Comment