Thursday, December 12, 2013

PANTONE COLOR OF 2014 {RADIANT ORCHID}



(Unfamiliar with Pantone? Learn more from their site HERE!)

When I first learned that this next years color was radiant orchid, I immediately remembered a number of interiors done by widely-known interior designer, Jamie Drake. This designer knows exactly how to work with colors, and has been an inspiration to me since before attending design school. See below:






Jamie Drake is very bold with color as you can see from the above, and I believe that takes a real talent!

For even more inspiration, you can see here for Pantone's fashion forecast for Spring 2014. I am usually checking this site for what's trending, and what's on the forecast. This helps so much as an interior designer, when color is a huge factor in creating interior designs. 

Lastly, here are the previous colors of the year: 


  As always, 


1 comment:

  1. WOW. :O THAT GUY. WHAT IN THE WORLD. HOW DOES HE BALANCE EVERYTHING IN A ROOM LIKE THAT?? I HAVE NEVER SEEN A ROOM SO BALANCED BEFORE IN MY LIFE. aoirngaiowetrogwioerdf!!!! WELL! I'm glad the color was chosen. haha I remember you posted about emerald being chosen last year. ;)

    ReplyDelete