Friday, April 6, 2012

HAPPY {EASTER} WEEKEND!

Happy Easter, Followers! 
Easter is one of my favorite holidays. It reminds us of how thankful we ought to be about the life we have been given, and it brings the family together (which in my case, is a rare occasion)!

Are you planning a delicious meal this Sunday for Easter? Have you run out of time to even consider your table scape? 
Here are some effortless D.I.Y. Easter table decorating tips that you can quickly put together to give your Easter meal an extra festive look, with hardly any effort!

Flowers are the easiest way to quickly add some life to your table. While you are shopping on Saturday evening at the supermarket for last minute items, why not grab some tulips for your table? Grab a bundle in a vibrant color. And another suggestion; instead of resorting to the typical glass vase, grab a ceramic pitcher, or a colored vase! I love this look below. The tulips really bring this table to life! 

This next center piece I really like. If you happen to have a ceramic cake stand, you can easily make a center piece by adding small flowers or nests of eggs. 
I like these two examples below: 
 

 For individual place settings, I love the look of this simple, sweet little nest of candy eggs! I am sure this would make for a nice surprise to your guests!

Here's a very simple idea, which will add a great amount of color to your table. Layer colored jellybeans around a candle in a glass hurricane lamp. 
It's easy, cost-effective, and most of all, colorful!

One thing I love about the season of spring is the idea of color. To me, the world seems to come alive again every time this time of year, and always with new and vibrant colors. Bring layers of color to your table through mismatched napkins, and table cloths, and runners, and maybe even seat cushons. There are so many options you can use to really punch up the color! 

I suppose if you live somewhere where there are actual trees, and I mean other than palm trees, then this idea could turn out to be quite charming. Go out to a nearby tree (or, your neighbor's tree) and gather a few branches. Find a vase that is sturdy enough to hold the branches, and after hardly any effort, you now have whimsical center piece! 

Have a wonderful Easter weekend!


1 comment: