Friday, January 23, 2015

MY {TYPICAL} FRIDAY

Once again, it's finally Friday. Unlike most Fridays, I am actually home alone, and I figured I would share whats been going on in the design world for me!

This week at work I dove into a fresh new project, which I am really excited to start the design process for! This new project is in the San Francisco Bay Area (LOVE anything to do with the Bay Area!) It will be a 2-model project, featuring three floors each, both around 1,300 square feet. It's a small, very easy project. (Which is a relief for me, coming out of some big whooping 3,200 sqft Texas homes!) These models will be geared towards young professionals  When I first got this project and saw the square footage and then a market of young professionals, I immediately became excited because this means I can really have fun with the styling! Typically, younger buyers want the coolest, trendiest thing the design world has to offer, and won't be too impressed with your typical transitional home. That's all code for: "have as much fun as you want designing this home!".

Several cups of coffee later, I came up with two unique styles I think will be most fitting for a professional / young family buyers in the Bay Area, and below I'll share my ideas for the first house with you!

The first model will be styled: "Mid-Century Urban Living".

I was inspired by urban lofts, which often feature brick walls, oil-rubbed bronze hardware, and a general rustic vibe. I also put a mid-century modern twist to this house to take the idea of your typical urban loft to the next level. I thought a few classic mid-century pieces, like tapered chair legs, and warm walnut wood finished gave it this house a fun, collected feel. I think any young, San Francisco
buyer will love this home.

I imagine mixing rustic pieces with a few modern accents, some leather accent chairs, and maybe iron? I can't wait to dive into this tomorrow morning in the office! Yes, sadly my schedule is calling for a bit of weekend work. But if you love what you do, it never really feels like work! 
Hopefully you're feeling inspired by now, and perhaps a little curious as to how you can add a little mid-century, urban vibe to your home? Heres how you can "get the look": 



FYI, West Elm is my number-one go to for midcentury. They have really fun and unique finds! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment