Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I'M FEELING THE BLUES...


Lately I've been drawn to the color blue. Perhaps it's because I've seen it everywhere. From the Kravet showrooms, to Architectural Digest? It's growing on me! -And I'm not talking about the general color of blue. The kind of blue that's caught my eye is light, with a slight purple hue in it. It's airy, soft, and with that slight hint of purple it becomes very feminine... Maybe that's why I like it so much. 









Aren't these rooms dreamy? This color is so calming and relaxing to me. I'm in love with it! 

The problem now is, every time I get a new color obsession, I typically want to redecorate my house in order to incorporate this new color. And for most people, that's unrealistic. So you can't invest in buying all new upholstered furniture, and re-painintg may not be an option either. But another option, that is completely do-able, is changing out a few accents, a few pillows here and there, and you will generally get the same effect, as if you had totally re-decorated! I promise!

Here's a few tips to consider, that will help you change things up and incorporate this new fabulous color:

1) Pillows. Pillows make a huge impact. I know they are small, but throw pillows are where you can get away with using bold color. I wouldn't recommend a blue sofa for every home, but pillows in this color of blue? Absolutely.

2) A second option to consider is drapery. If you're willing to spend a few extra dollars, I would invest in new drapes.

3) Change out your area rug! If you happen to have hardwoods or stone, this is an excellent option to help you "get the look" with the blue colors. I personally always bring color to a room through rugs. I find it boring using a neutral colored rug on top of a neutral wood or stone! You only live once, go ahead and go for the bold color!

4) For the dining room; place mates and glasses make an easy, cost effective switch. Have you ever been to Cost Plus World Market? They have great deals for dining room decor!

I hope you're feeling inspired by my new favorite color! It's perfect and gets you in the mood for Spring!




2 comments:

  1. Do you understand there is a 12 word phrase you can speak to your crush... that will induce deep emotions of love and impulsive attraction for you buried inside his heart?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, idolize and guard you with all his heart...

    =====> 12 Words That Trigger A Man's Love Impulse

    This impulse is so built-in to a man's mind that it will make him try better than before to build your relationship stronger.

    Matter of fact, fueling this all-powerful impulse is so important to getting the best ever relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll instantly notice him open his soul and mind to you in a way he haven't experienced before and he will perceive you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly fascinated him.

    ReplyDelete