Friday, February 7, 2014

MID-CENTURY MODERN {MAKING A COMEBACK}

For the past few days I have been working on furnishing multiple model homes for the company I now work for, and the style that was agreed upon for one of the homes was mid-century modern. I was given the over-all concept they were looking for, and told to go with it and furnish the homes. I initially stayed true to the mid-century style, however after a few critiques, a mix of sleek contemporary was thrown in the mix too. I believe my work turned out great when I was submitting it this evening! I was happy!:)

As I researched and styled the home, I became quite inspired and thought I would introduce it on the blog, and show you how you can incorporate a mid-centurty flare in your home. (And as always, budget friendly!)



One site that I am quite fond of and visit often to see what new things they have is West Elm. Have you heard of it? It's pretty awesome, and priced well. I know it's not exactly a bargain, but if you want to splurge on a piece or two, this is probably the place. West Elm is known to have a trendy, and mid-century flare. See for yourself! 

Still not sure what I'm talking about? I found this board on Pinterest by another "Pinner" (sadly not mine) that will give you a look into true mid-century style, and iconic pieces that were incredibly popular at the time. See for yourself here!  This time period, as you may know was one of the world's most innovative periods in product design, architecture, interiors, and graphics!

Here are some more links if you love it so much and can't get enough:
http://www.pinterest.com/creativecoquett/mid-century-modern-style/
http://www.pinterest.com/lucky1715/mid-century-modern/

Hope you enjoyed those links! Here are some tips to help you incorporate mid-century flare in your home:






Here are some Mid-century inspired rooms that I enjoy:




Gotta love the SHAG CARPET! 





And I love this living room... The eames chair in particular! 



1 comment:

  1. it was very informative post with cool set of interior design collections.. Even we do have amazing designs for commercial span & modular kitchen is amazingly creative and elegant. So have all look at our website-
    residential interiors in bangalore|interior services in Bangaloree|interior design solutions in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete