Saturday, July 7, 2012

TREND OR TIMELESS? {NAUTICAL}

To me, it seems like the nautical look comes and goes. Over time it re-invents itself, and goes in and out of fashion. I absolutely love it's preppy and bold look. To me, it's a very classic, all-american style, and as far as I know, a patriotic look never goes out of style in America. Personally, I think it is a timeless look, as along as it is tasteful, and not cheesy. 
What do you think of the nautical style: trend or timeless? 


In order to decorate a space in a nautical style, without being cheesy, takes a good eye. One point I would like to make about nautical decorating: Try not to make your room look as if it were literally taken from a sailing boat. An example of a cheesy nautical design would be using a boat shaped bed or using anchors in everything in the room. To master a timeless, nautical look, try not to be so literal with your design.

Here are some well done, nautical rooms that I love. 
Enjoy. 







I love the map wallpaper in this room. (I bet that could be a fun D.I.Y. project) 



No comments:

Post a Comment